Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Volunteering to make a difference



Such a simple way of making a difference. Rhonda Keenan you're the BEST!! You make my heart sing! ♥ ♥
Thanks Deb....:-) it makes my heart sing too... to know I can make a difference with one or two simple phone calls each day. Thanks for the face book post, you ROCK.

For the past 20 years I have been doing volunteer work for the Red Cross by calling people(mostly the elderly)at home to make sure they are up and about for the day and that they are ok. It's a simple cheery 5 minute call to give them contact with someone first thing in the morning.
Then about 3 years ago my husband Ron decided he would get involved and do the same.
It gives us great pleasure to make the calls and to make a small difference to someones day.

Cheers
Rhonda
PS Thanks everyone for your lovely comments on FB

No comments:

Post a Comment